IU Diversity Career and Internship Fair Bootcamp Fall 2021
September 15, 2021, 4 - 6 p.m., on Zoom
Students are encouraged to attend the IU Diversity Career and Internship Fair Bootcamp to learn how to navigate and get the most out of the virtual career fair in Handshake. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to attend breakout sessions, brush up on learned skills, or build new skills to prepare them for a successful interview and career search.
- "Interviewing Skills" covers both in-person and virtual interviewing techniques.
- "Resumes – Quick & Easy Tips" provides tips on one-page versus two-page resumes, formatting, and available resources.
- "Researching Employers before Attending a Fair - mission statements, industry trends, and you. See how five minutes of research and three bullet points can help you take control of your career fair experience.
- "First Impressions/Best Practices for a Career Fair" covers effective strategies to prepare for the upcoming career fair, including choosing what to wear (even though you're "just on zoom"), professional expectations and etiquette, and tools to nail your introduction.
- "Why You Should Attend a Career Fair" is unique for 1st & 2nd-year students. Talk to the recruiters and see what they look for on a resume for their particular organization (i.e., what kind of courses, lab experiments, research papers, or study abroad opportunities). See what type of work/internship experiences, volunteer activities, or undergraduate research they suggest. Are specific student organizations or professional associations recommended? What kind of IT, creative, or language skills are necessary? By learning what employers want now, you can better prepare yourself and gain related experience for future career fairs and job opportunities in the industry you are considering.
(If you are an OVPDEMA scholarship program student, please refer to the email you received from the program for more details.)
IU Diversity Career and Internship Fair Fall 2021
September 30, 2021, 1 - 4 p.m., on Handshake
All majors are welcome!
The IU Diversity Career and Internship Fair is an opportunity for students to connect one-on-one and in group settings with over 90 employers and explore internships and full-time employment with local, state, and national recruiters from academic, government, business, and non-profit sectors. Participation is easy with these three steps: Step One: Sign up for (or sign into) your student account with Handshake; Step Two: Sign up for the Indiana University Diversity Career & internship Fair; Step Three: Sign up for interviews with a particular employer. Depending on employers' preferences, students may choose from individual 10-minute interviews or group information sessions (group information sessions open to all students, one-on-one sessions are available to 3rd & 4th-year students only).
The IU 21st Century Scholars Roadmap to Success guide provides students with career and campus milestones during their four-year journey, helping them gain the skills to transition from student to professional. Download the guide today and get career ready.