Indiana University is proud to support diversity in all forms. From gender and racial identity, socioeconomic class, ability, military status, and age to religion and political ideology, to name just a few, diversity allows us to gain new experiences, insights, and perspectives. By taking the pledge below, you commit yourself to be aware of your own and others' biases and take a stand against those privileges. You pledge to become an ally and accomplice in working with individuals who experience social injustices. You pledge to have a lifestyle where you embody these ideals every day and work to improve yourself and others.
I Pledge to...
- To be aware of the bias in my language.
- To never assume the race, sexuality, gender, or disability status of those I meet.
- To be aware of the privileges I have and use them in service of those who do not.
- To call out bias incidents and take the appropriate steps to report them.
- To never be content, to keep learning and growing wherever I can.
- To be better than I was yesterday.
Indiana University offers various educational opportunities across its campuses for staff, faculty, and students to foster a diverse and inclusive world.
No matter who you are—if you’ve landed here, you are a part of Indiana University’s richly diverse community.
Anti-Racism at Indiana University
As the world changes, it requires us to continually reevaluate how we live up to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.