OVPDEMA wholeheartedly supports Indiana University’s mission to: “create dynamic partnerships with the state and local communities in economic, social, and cultural development and to offer leadership in creative solutions for 21st-century problems.” We seek to do this through the academic programs, cultural support, and leadership development activities we offer our students, faculty, and staff. But we realize that engagement also needs to happen outside the classroom and with our communities as well. One way we accomplish this is through the pre-college initiatives we host in collaboration with campus and community partners.
Community & School Partnerships (CSP), a program within OVPDEMA, works to increase opportunities for educational access, transforming the lives of first-generation college, low income and working-class students who connect with IU through pre-college outreach and readiness activities. CSP empowers campus and community partners to remove educational barriers through transformative college readiness activities, such as:
- Passport to Your Future
- On Campus Programs
- 21st Century Scholars Partnerships and Programs Around the State
How can you connect with your IU community this fall?
Upcoming opportunities to connect with us this fall:
- Indiana Latino Expo, October 11-12, Indiana State Fair Grounds
- Pre-College Programs & Potpourri of the Arts Experience, November 9, IU Bloomington – groups from around the state welcome - Contact Community & School Partnerships for Details
- Indiana Latino Institute Education Summit, November 14, South Bend
- Indiana Latino Institute Education Summit, November 20, Indianapolis
- Access IU Anywhere, Anytime – Request a Passport to Your Future