As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect millions of people, members of our community are doing their best to provide resources and guidance for those affected by the virus. Lillian Casillas-Origel, director of La Casa/Latino Cultural Center, created a valuable resource list and posted on La Casa’s website which includes:
- Educational resources: Includes information on how to obtain free Wi-Fi for homes that include a K-12 child who qualifies for free school
- General Financial Assistance: Includes church addresses, community centers, and financial assistance townships
- Food pantry: Includes a list of food pantries for students, community members, and those who are homebound or with limited mobility
- General and mental health resources: Includes a list of medical and mental health organizations
- General Social Services: Includes support groups, relief organizations, and social service information
- Hot meals: Includes a list of community kitchens and locations where individuals can find warm food
- Products: Includes locations where individuals can find menstrual and childcare products such as diapers, wipes, and formula.
- Utilities, Evictions, and Foreclosures: Includes information on the status of foreclosures, evictions, and utilities during this time
For more information, please visit the community resource section on La Casa’s website by clicking here.