Apply for the Joon Park Scholarship
The Joon Park Student Leadership Experience Scholarship awards one undergraduate student $1,000 to:
- attend a conference or workshop focused on community engagement or community advocacy
- attend an academic or professional development workshop
This scholarship is sponsored by Indiana University’s Office of the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Multicultural Affairs.
Special preference will be given to an undergraduate student who has been invited to present his or her work at a conference, and/or has shown leadership experience on campus.
There will be one recipient each academic year. The award is valid for a conference or workshop taking place in the 2017 calendar year.
All applications will be reviewed by a committee. The winner will be notified within 10 days after the deadline.
You must include the following on your online application form:
- Name, location, and dates of conference
- Copy of the invitation to attend or present at the conference
- Title of presentation (if available)
- A short summary of the article (if available)
- Budget for travel expenses, such as food and lodging, registration fees and materials, transportation, and other sources of travel funding
- Name of IU faculty recommender, with a letter endorsing the award request. The letter should be sent to IU Asian Culture Center, 807 E. 10th Street, Bloomington, IN 47401.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.