IU Bloomington: Building Futures
As the flagship campus of Indiana University, IU Bloomington celebrates diversity in all forms. Programming is designed to encourage success—and provide learning experiences that will remain long after graduation day.
- Receiving its seventh consecutive 2021 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award and its fifth consecutive Diversity Champion Award. These awards recognize the campus as a "gold standard" among thousands working to develop successful diversity and equity strategies and programs.
- Honoring by Campus Pride, a national nonprofit network of student leaders and campus groups devoted to improving college life for lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender, and queer students across the U.S., as a "Best of the Best Colleges and Universities" for LGBTQ+ students.
- Achieving a record enrollment level of 26.9 percent, with a total of 10,770 degree-seeking students of color.
- Opening the Jewish Culture Center, where cultural and social programming opportunities, events, and activities are available to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Establishing an Interfaith Prayer and Reflection Room located in the Indiana Memorial Union.