IUPUI: A Foundation of Diversity
Diversity has long been a hallmark of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). From mentoring programs to support for underserved students to training efforts designed to increase faculty diversity, IUPUI embraces a campus culture that believes everyone can thrive when given equitable opportunities and resources to do so.
- Receiving the 2022 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award for the 11th consecutive time for diversity and inclusion work across the campus.
- Sharing the DEI Path to Tenure and Promotion initiative, deemed a best practice, with institutions across the country.
- Assisting campus leadership with DEI development through the monthly Chancellor’s Senior Leadership Reading Group. Now in its fourth year, the reading/discussion is designed for all deans and vice chancellors.
- Launching the Taskforce on Latinx Initiative to increase retention of underserved students through scholarships, on-campus living, and mentoring.
- Gauging the attitudes and experiences of students, staff, and faculty through the Comprehensive Campus Climate Survey. The purpose of the effort is to inform the development of campus, school, and support unit diversity plans, including timelines, accountability measuring, and metrics for success.